Do you eat sleep and breath ecommerce and digital marketing?
Do you think about digital differently?
Do you want to join a team of like minded specialists?
We would love to hear from you. Even if you cant see the role your looking for we can make a role for you!
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to generate a pipeline of leads, and work to develop and convert them.
What will you be doing:-
As a business development manager, you'll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
Your work can involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
Your days are likely to be filled with
Researching businesses that look like our ideal clients (you’ll work with our leadership team to define what this means), and building out a list of prospects to reach out to.
Reaching out to cold prospects and using (and refining) an ABM method in order to build a rapport and establish a fit for our services
Working with our social media team to drive presence and reach in the wider digital community.
As a business development manager, you'll need to:
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Draw up client contracts using our established templates
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- Help to plan sales campaigns
- Create a sales pipeline
- Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- Increase sales of the business
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the board of directors
- Develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
Your salary is negotiable and dependent on experience and will be in the region of £22,000 to £30,000.
You'll usually work a regular 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday week, though you may on occasion have to work longer to meet a project deadline or when attending an event or conference.
Flexible working and working from home is likely to be possible.
You'll need to have:
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- Written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Project management and organisational skills
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Negotiating skills
- The ability to think strategically
- The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- Resilience, optimism and a positive attitude